With a history of over 70 years, Seatrade Groningen B.V. is one of the oldest and largest shipping companies in the Netherlands. Originally concentrating on refrigerated cargo trade, Seatrade has expanded its ship owning and management activities into a variety of trades. An ambitious team of employees carries out the daily management and crewing activities, contributing to an efficient fleet operation, whilst giving optimum customer service.
Due to expansion of our Legal Department we are looking for a:
In this challenging position at the Legal Department, you are part of a team of experts. You will be dealing with several types of complaints received from customers, authorities, contract partners etc. The main focus lies on the handling of claims and bringing them to a good end. This includes but is not limited to:
Handling cargo claims files which often relate to damage of refrigerated- and frozen foods
- You give support to the business on the performance of trade lines and will give feedback on specific problems which are being reported by our customers
- Maintaining a good contact with vessel owners, liability underwriters, cargo interests
- Appointing experts and lawyers all over the world
- Stay in close contact with the various stakeholders of the business in order to handle and prevent various types of (cargo) damage
- Pursuing recovery actions against third parties when possible/applicableIn general, giving administrative support (amongst others maintaining accurate files and drafting documents, processing of costs for the other members of the team).
There is plenty of opportunity to grow in the position and to work independently.
- MBO+ or HBO certificate in the legal or insurance field
- Minimum 1-2 year work experience (especially with claims handling)
- Affinity with the Maritime industry
- PC skills (common MS office programs)
- Assertiveness and accuracy as a second nature
- Good written and spoken knowledge of Dutch and English language (communication is mainly in English, by e-mail and phone),
- A team player, enthusiastic and enterprising personality with a pro-active and operational attitude
- Capable of working independently and to establish priorities with no 9 to 5 mentality,
- Proven organisational, social and communication skills and the ability to manage stressful situations
- Living in the vicinity of Groningen
- An all-round position within a multinational organisation that operates technically advanced vessels worldwide
- A large degree of freedom and responsibility, where results show immediately
- An attractive remuneration package including good pension scheme and supportive facilities
- Temporary contract with the prospect of a permanent contract
- Position of 40 hours per week
Are you the right person for this new and challenging position at our Legal Department?
Send your application letter and CV to: Seatrade Groningen, Iris Tuinder, Corporate HR Manager,
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated